Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, February 11, 2005

33 weeks 2 days - A decent proposal.

It hit me last night. We were talking and you told me the nightly "the funniest thing happened on Ellen" story, and I thought. "I should see if Ellen will announce this blog to you on her show! So today begins my quest to make this happen! :) Here is the letter I wrote to Ellen. (more or less) I think I revised this letter 50 times. I don't want her to think I am begging for stuff.)

Please forgive me if this is too much to read, I tried to be as concise as possible. I bolded the most pertinent parts of the story so you can scan quickly. I know you are probably inundated with letters like mine so if you could send me a nice little rejection letter so she knows I have tried I would appreciate it.

Dear Ellen,

My wife is a huge fan of yours. Since she is at work while your show is on she TiVo's you every day. She absolutely loves everything about your show. When we lay down at night I can always look forward to a funny Ellen story relating to an event of your show. Such as how you think you threw your back out dancing with the Laker girls. I chuckled when I heard that. My wife Lori and I have been together for 12 years (since High School) and we are expecting our first child on March 29th. The English language is not adequate to describe how much I love my wife Lori. She is the only thing that always makes me smile. Sometimes I tell her that she is an angel, and sometimes I think she might actually be. I won't torture you with our love story, but I pray that you will hear me out.

Lori miscarried our first child at 9 weeks. We were crushed. When Lori became pregnant a second time we were full of excitement, but the anxiety and worry were unbearable. I wanted to shield her from my own anxiety and worry so as not to add to her own stress level. I created an online journal that would tell her how I felt each day without adding stress to her pregnancy. I decided I would give the link to the website to her after the birth of our baby, and she can see just what I was thinking during this stressful time and maybe even reminisce.

I am from a family of 6 kids, and until now had no idea that it is customary to give a gift (most women I talk to suggest jewelry) to your wife at the birth of your child. Despite both working 2 jobs, we are struggling financially, and it looks like the only thing I will have to give her is this online journal. I really want to make it special for her. Since she loves you so much could you say a little something on your show so she knows where to go to find my gift? I know it would mean the world to her, and since she is the world to me it would be a dream come true.

http://lovelori.blogspot.com

Thank You,
Mike B


P.S. The blog (online journal) begins in August at about 7 weeks pregnant. Those first few entries are the most candid. http://lovelori.blogspot.com/2004_08_01_lovelori_archive.html

No comments: