Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 04, 2005

The Unveiling and the Thank You

The Unveiling

Today Lori and I read through the whole blog together from day one, and there was about 3 hours of straight crying going on. She absolutely loves it. As an extra added bonus she had no idea I was doing this. (I thought she had caught on for a while)

Baby Gavin is doing great. I held him the entire time she read through the site, and I even cried when she read the part where I saw the guy in Olive Garden holding his baby and I wanted to hold mine. It was a very touching night and my little family got to share it together; just us three.

The Thank You

When I originally started this blog I was going to make it without comment ability, but as fate would have it I forgot to turn it off and got a comment on my very first entry. I was a little suprised as the comment came out of nowhere from someone I don't know. I realised how cool it would be to learn and hear from others. This is my chance to thank everyone who has read, laughed, cried, and had anxiety with me. Some of you I know and some of you I don't, but I cherish all the kind encouraging words you have shared over the past nine months.

I know some of you had asked for the gift registry so you could send something, but the letters to Ellen have been more than I could have ever asked for. I never meant to get anything from this blog except that loving look Lori gives me when I do something really special. Thank You to everyone who has been a part of my journey. Gavin is wonderful, and well worth the wait. we love him more every day.

Mike

P.S. She gave me the look.

OUR LIVES CONTINUED

5 comments:

Mickey said...

*sniffle*

So... you were holding Gavin the Giant for 3 straight hours? That's some arm workout, huh? *giggle*

Again... this was such a great idea and I'm ecstatic that the unveiling was as beautiful as described. *sigh* So. Ridiculously. Sweet.

Angelia said...

I'm glad you got the look. You are a extrodinary father,and husband. And Lori, must be a extrodinary mother and wife, to deserve a family like yours.

I certainly hope that you continue this blog.

Thank you for sharing with us all.

whatever said...

i'm so glad lori liked the blog! i look forward to reading your new blog as well, because i've been reading since he was just cells the size of a peanut and now i'm hooked! i wish you guys so much happiness!

Sugar said...

So pleased for the three of you....does that sound strange!
Of course she loved the Blog.....it's a beautiful, wonderful journey into the mind of an expentant father, the man she loves and the Daddy of that miracle you now share *smiles*
xx

suz said...

How could she not love it??

The pictures are very cute and i wish you guys the all the best in the world!!