Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

8 weeks 5 days

I have been thinking about the whole boy or girl "first child" thing, and I have come up with some pros and cons.

In my family we had boy, boy, girl, boy, girl, girl, and in your family it was boy then girl. So I am kind of partial to boy first because they always protected us as the stereotypical big brother should do. My big bro actually had a girl first though, and I like that too because she is so cool and it brings a different dynamic to how they handle problems. You can't just have your big brother beat their face in. Having a girl first gives you the option of a million cute things you can buy, and having a daughter like you is probably the best thing that could happen. We would then be lulled into a false sense of security and BAM the second one would be like me. I shudder to think! (For those of you who aren't my wife reading this. She really is that cool. Her parents got so damn lucky.) I love my little sisters to death, but a little boy I can play ball with would be so kick ass. As long as he isn't the unholy terror I was when I was younger.

Ultimately I just hope the baby is healthy. Please God!
(You just told me last night, Thursday will be the same day we lost the baby last time so I am holding my breath. I think everything is going to be ok tho.)

7 comments:

Christian said...

Thanks for my first comment on my blog Mike.

I'll follow this blog, nice work. All of my luck to your Lori, and you.

Will there come some pictures, and some more facts in your profile?

Mike said...

There will be both of those things. I am working on scanning the ultrasound as well.

Peace Hope Love
Mike

Sugar said...

Am holding my breath for you too Mike, I'm sure everything will work out. As for the boy/girl thing lucky for us these things have a habit of choosing themselves...lol xx

Mickey said...

I cracked up @ "unholy terror"

This is a really beautiful idea. The fact that you are gonna give it to your wife on the day of the birth is so sweet and romantical. I wish you guys so much luck and so many blessings and lots of disposable diapers. Hee hee.

M. said...

This is a sweet blog. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your upcoming baby. You don't find many men who do that....

Janet said...

Hi Mike-

This blog will be a very unique present to both your wife and your unborn child. What a great idea to be able to look back on one day.

Thanks for the comments. I hope you keep coming back!

Janet:)

lookbeforeuleap said...

Hi. Thanks for the comment. I see you are having exciting times ahead and there will be plenty to write about. I wish you both all the best and all will be well.