Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

31 weeks 6 days

It's February 1st now and that March 29th date is moving in fast! My dad actually came over and put up the border in the babies room while I was in EMT class on Saturday. I was shocked! I was also very grateful that I didn't have to do it. He did a great job.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I will be finished with EMT class in April and we maybe able to breathe a bit easier. A few departments are hiring Firefighters so I will be testing to get on. I know you think that once you have your Certs its easy from there...or maybe you just have alot of faith in me. Here is what makes me nervous about getting hired. I am 29 and I am not a Paramedic yet. The soonest I will be able to finish medic school is going to be the end of next year which makes me 30.5 years old. The oldest you can be to be hired full time is 35 so that gives me 4.5 years to get hired. I don't want to be overly confident that I will get hired. Some guys take 10 years to get hired full time.

No comments: