Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 27, 2004

13 weeks 5 days

I spent the whole weekend working at the firestation with the mission of getting some decent ambulance calls under my belt. I finally got the call that really made me think. It was the afternoon sometime and the tones in the firestation went off adult male blah blah blah severe pain lower left quadrant abdomen. We went to the site and to make a long story short as we were working and asking our prep questions he dropped the bomb on us. "I tested positive for hepatitis B and HIV." hearing news like this when someone is putting an IV in his arm was for me a little disconcerting. When it comes right down to it tho we felt fortunate that he actually told us he was HIV positive. We were fully gloved up and everything it was just that it was my first experience with someone who was HIV positive. I immediately thought of you and the baby. The thought scared the hell out of me, but I know that this is what I was made to do. A lot of guys do it and I am sure this will help me get over this subconscious fear of needles. I actually watched him get the IV which was cool. I felt nothing as I disconnected the person from the procedure. Maybe that's the trick.

Recently you told me that your butt bone was hurting and you didn't know why. Matt says that it has something to do with your pelvis expanding??? I am not sure how much of that is bullshit but we can ask the doctor. (or maybe someone reading this knows.) I talked to your belly and told the baby that I can't wait to see him and you cried. :) You're so emotional. Your belly is starting to pooch a bit, and you do look fatter, but I dare not say so. I like a big ass tho, so it's cool. :) LOL You are gonna hit me when you read this in a few months. :) FUN!

3 comments:

suz said...

I love what you are doing here.
I'm praying for all your wellbeings.
"pooch" thats such a cute word!

Its amazing that someone feels able to open themselves and the experience that they are going through (and it must be such a special, nervous, exciting time for you guys) and tell the world. I'm in awe of your iniative and your bravery. I think Lori could do nothing but love what you've done for her.

I feel so honoured that you choose to coment on my site and lead me to this treasure trove, its an incredible account of an incredible journey.

All the best, love and prayers,
Siouxsie xx

Lou Lou said...

the job you do is awesomely macho
yet you have this sweet outpouring of pure love.
thats being a real man
i'm so glad all is going well for you both
hope things are a little easier financially now too
take good care of yourselves

Jessiedc28 said...

Goose bumps again. I love this blog. I can't wait to read it and I am even more anxious about being able to expirience all these neat things with the man I'm meant to be with. YOu're both so lucky!