Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 10, 2005

19 days

Last night Matt and I went to visit Rebeca and Savannah in the hospital I know you wanted to come with but you were really tired, and the last thing you need to see is a baby in distress.

For those who don't know my niece Savannah was recently admitted to the hospital with RSV. It is basically a really bad cold for babies, that can lead to severe respiratory distress. Savannah is not in the high risk group of children who get this so everything is cool.

It broke my heart seeing Savannah doing things I learned about in class as signs of distress. (Belly breathing and rales in her lungs.) It breaks my heart to see her like that. Poor little thing. Some things put being a future Paramedic in perspective like no other, and that was one of them.

No comments: