Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 06, 2005

23 days

Today's baby shower was awesome. I was trying to read the cards but I kept getting all choked up. I felt like a total moron. I guess the emotion of it all, and stress of work and school has me struggling to maintain. Plus I'm a sap.

Everybody gave great gifts, and we really don't have want of anything to take care of the new baby. Funny as it may seem we have roughly 60 onsies and only 8 bottles or so. I thought that was really funny. The fact that both of our parents gave us gliders was really cool because now we have one for upstairs (the babies room) and downstairs (the TV room).

The babies room is completely decked out now with a new glider, crib bedding matching lamp and diaper holder thing. It looks really cute. By looking at it you would have no idea we are broke. LOL! Thank God we have such great friends and family. I don't know if they know our situation or not, but they didn't leave us wanting for anything to take care of our little boy.

Gavin you are already so loved!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wondering... Mike, does Gavin need a swing? We bought one for Sweet Pea two years ago, and Buddy has long since outgrown it. We'd sell it to ya cheap! ;)

Let me know -- seriously. Either email me or call me at work, k?

Mike said...

We did get a swing! Thank you for the offer tho. I really appreciate it. :)

Mickey said...

This is way too exciting!
:o)

I actually applauded when I saw the cake. LOL

Kaycee said...

Mike, What color is the baby's room. I would like to crochet a blanket for Gavin! Let me know.

Mike said...

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/152/1650/1024/DSCF0002.jpg

Mike said...

That link is a picture of the babies room. :) I forgot to write that. :)

Jessiedc28 said...

Any word from Ellen yet?

Mike said...

No word from Ellen yet. Not even the rejection letter I asked for. :(