Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 03, 2005

26 days

Well the belly has definitely dropped. I noticed yesterday in bed. I also had someone talk to me about saving the cord blood and I had mentioned how limited the usefullness is unless you have one of several rare diseases. I spoke with you last night about donating the cord blood so that people who need it can get matched to it and use it. I feel good about that decision. It will be the first decision we make as official parents. :)

It really does mean alot when complete strangers validate what I am trying to do. I will admit I got a little misty when I saw her post about it, and especially that people are actually helping out. I am so very touched, I want to thank Seargent Fun for the help in the Ellen Quest, and thanks to the people who have participated. Thanks Stella, A, Min Pin Momma, and Circus Kelli.

THANK YOU!

EDIT: Some more thanks are in order! :) I am humbled and excited by all the love being shown for this! Thanks to The Fun Times Guide and Jessie_DC for writing articles about this effort.

6 comments:

whatever said...

aw. not a problem mike. i would love for the blog to be revealed by ellen. that would be an interesting and fun touch! either way, i know lori is going to really love how much of yourself you put out there when writing this. many people can only dream of the benefit of such honesty.
take care.

Mike said...

You guys are awesome! Thanks!

Jessiedc28 said...

Mike -- I left a post on my blog about your Ellen quest & I wrote to Ellen. Good luck!!

http://jessiedc22.blogspot.com/2005/03/love-lori_03.html

Kaycee said...

Mike,
I read your blog after hearing about it from my sister Jessie_dc22 and love it! I wish you the best and will write to ellen as well. YOu guys are so blessed. Do you give husband lessons?

Kaycee

Unknown said...

Mike,

I emailed Ellen and told her what was on my mind -- you and your blog for Lori!

Good luck!! What a terrific memory that would make for you guys, and what a great story that would make for Gavin!

Take care,

Kelli

Canoes under my shoes said...

I'm way late on this...did you guys get to donate cord blood? I did it with my two kids, but there was no place in KS that did it, so I had to go through a national bank...it took months of screenings, testings, consent from my dr., arranging Fed Ex...etc.

If you didn't get to do it for Gavin, definitely sign up for it with the next kid.

Welcome Gavin! Cute pictures.